Re: [Amps] shipping damge

To: "Eric Dobrowansky" <kk2ed@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] shipping damge
From: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:13:04 -0500
The general feeling in this thread seems to be that UPS has the final word.
That simply is not true.  If you feel you have a reasonable case and were
denied a claim, you can always file a claim against the shipper in Small
Claims Court.  A friend of mine owns a calibration business where he is
regularly shipping high value electronics gear to and from customers.  UPS
has often denied claims that were clearly valid.  The local court is
familiar with their practices and rules against them with great regularity.
On smaller claims, chances are they will decide to settle rather than endure
the expense and hassle of a court appearance.

K8AC