Re: [Amps] AL80B Tube?

To: "Brad Pioveson W9FX" <w9fx@neondsl.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL80B Tube?
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:42:44 -0800
Hello, Brad -- My guess is that the tube has an intermittent fil-grid
short since neg grid-I is what typically results when such a short
occurs.  My advice is to stop pulling 10g turns while using the amp in
aerobatic, aero-mobile service when the filament is lit.
-  Did your buddy report hearing arcing in the amp?