Re: [Amps] E-Book

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] E-Book
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:13:41 -0500
Well here's the dilemma with HTML. Folks on here, especially which I consider
all good friends, some have offered to proof read for glitches, etc., I cant
password protect it unless it's put in a compression file like .zip or .rar. I
don't think winzip will go cross platform, and not sure about rar files. I know
pdfs are and the other form of e-book available is only win-32 compatible which
has a built in browser. I intend on selling the book in the future, maybe
$5-$10 a copy over the net to raise some money since this current
administration wont okay me an electric wheelchair, and I can not walk one
lick. However, some still get's them that are walking around! That's a whole
other story that I wont get into here because it brings up some pretty bitter
feelings with me. I know what caused it because before the current
administration, you could get one easily. I'll just leave that a that. Anyhow,
that's the reason for having to go back to work and try to get extra income. My
 friends, I don't care to give a copy away free. That way, I could just send it
all in HTML. With a pdf or an e-book, I can password protect those for resale.
Since Adobe Acrobat is cross platform that will work for Mac, Linux, and Unix I
think. The e-book form would be good for those running Windows. Personally, I
like Windows and have been a hacker at it, so know how to plug all the holes on
my machine. I still run 98 if that tells you anything. The bad part is your
still left with the memory leaks, and hang-ups every now and then. Linux, you
don't have to worry. I never did crash a Linux machine. I guess it's all in
what you get used to.

I would like to get some comments on what would be looked for in the book and
what would be needed. I don't know if you seen the one webpage(s) I did before
on transformers but it will be similar to it. I want to get into the how's and
why's you use certain components, and how to design each inductor from scratch.
Examples are, I always thought, the best way to learn. That is one other thing
to include. I think some math we use scare some folks also. That's another are
to help clear up and where example problems help a lot. If all would, let me
know any ideas and I'll mull them over. Thanks again for the interest to all, I
really appreciate it.

Best,

Will