Re: [Amps] WinLink

To: craxd1@ezwv.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] WinLink
From: John D'Ausilio <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:30:27 -0500
Heh .. the league is a magazine publishing company .. period. Anyone
who expects them to do anything that's contrary to that basic mission
(like publishing unflattering reviews of advertiser's equipment, or
supporting a bandplan that would essentially orphan a more-or-less
redundant automated traffic handling system) is just silly.

de John/W1RT (non-member)

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:05:34 -0500, Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com> wrote:
> I just ran across something (2-3 days back actually) about the ARRL almost
> secertely pushing through a new bandplan for Winlink, I think was the name. I
> have read some others opinions before I made this post. One wonders why I
> will not re-license and this shows why. I have seen the ARRL now, over and
> over, for years now, seem to do some pretty underhanded things. It seems to
> me it is always tied to a money flow some where. I know all to well what they
> did to Rich Measures on here, and it was over deep pockets controlling what
> the ARRL now does. I'm sorry, the ARRL is supposed to be for all the amateur
> radio folks but when money is involved somewhere, it seems that things gets
> hushed, law suits gets threatened, and stuff is done under the table. Folks
> wonder why the membership is dropping off and this pretty much nails it.
> Before we had the internet, where information flows sooo freely, keeping
> things hid away was 100% easier. I started on the net about the same time I
> said
 by