Re: [Amps] mica caps

To: "'carl seyersdahl'" <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>,<Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] mica caps
From: "Bert" <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:20:01 -0500
Hi Carl,

I contacted C-D and got the following answer. I hope it helps.

73 Bert, VE3OBU

Dear Bert,

I am assuming that what you are listing are three different capacitors and
that they are leaded radial dipped micas like our CD10 or CD15 series.

What the caps should have marked on them are the capacitance and tolerance
along with the manufacturer's log.  It appears that is what you relate
below.

As for voltage, if there is no voltage marked on it, then it should be rated
500 VDC unless it is a very small case size or a military part.

Here is what you can find on our web site (www:cde.com). Go to mica caps and
then  general specifications:

Marking. Cornell Dubilier capacitors are marked in accordance with the
requirements of EIA RS153B and include:
CD = Manufacturer's symbol (Cornell Dubilier) Nominal capacitance in pF
Capacitance tolerance directly or in code Working voltage (Vdc) if other
than 500 Vdc.

Miniature dipped mica capacitors (CD6 & CD7) are marked in capacitance in pF
and tolerance letter code. MIL-C-5 & MIL-C-39001 capacitors are marked per
MIL spec.

Regards,

Joe Gracia