Re: [Amps] Nylon - 2 cents

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Nylon - 2 cents
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:52:12 -0500
It's not too good for transformer windings as the wire gets put under strain at
each corner of the core as its wound. Later on, it can crack. But, I think they
do make one type that has an extra coating, I cant remember the name. I never
use it for anything though. The self bonding types you mention are generally
used in CRT deflection yokes and similar. What I've seen though, the bonding is
done by using alchohol applied to the winding. It semi-dissolves the outter
coating which then re-dries bonded. I've not seen the heat bonding type.

Best,

Will