Re: [Amps] re. nylons

To: CLIVE COLLINS <dartaviation@btopenworld.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] re. nylons
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:48:48 +0000
CLIVE COLLINS wrote:

>We have a machinable ceramic in the UK called Macron and it has all the
>characteristics of ceramic but machines like a dream with new sharp tools.
>The stuff will take temperatures up to about 2000 degrees and it has a very
>stable physical attribute.  I have used it in the past for excellent stand off
>insulators and it does not appear to be frequency sensitive at  least up to
>2.0Ghz.
>It is not cheap

Is that the stuff RS sell - if so it is very expensive, although I know
RS is not the cheapest place to get bits from, I rather suspect the cost
will be far more than buying ceramic insulators. Of course, you can get
what size you want, but if it is what I think it is, the cost is very
high indeed.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB