Re: [Amps] RMS VS Peak VS Average power and the Bird 43 wattmeter

To: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RMS VS Peak VS Average power and the Bird 43 wattmeter
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:26:30 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2005 4:14:43 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Dennis12Amplify@aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 3/28/05 3:19:03 PM Central Standard Time, Texas RF
writes:

And, along a similar vein: If a string of 50% duty cycle dots  at say 50
words per minute are transmitted, what should the Bird  meter show for power
output compared to full  carrier?

What are the rise and fall times of the  dots?

And what are their slopes?

Regards,

Dennis  O.

Sorry Dennis, I don't know. It is just a typical ham transceiver. If
rise/fall is critical to the correct answer then we can reduce the number of
dots
per second until it the rise/fall times are very small compared to the dot
length.

73/k5gw