Re: [Amps] Transistor amps

To: <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transistor amps
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:38:41 -0600
Frequency response rolls off too much for those transistors.  They were made
to work below 2 mhz.  HOWEVER, there are the high voltage mosfets from
Advanced Power Technology that work in the 300-1,200 VDC range deserve
discussion.  The devices are targeted for RF designs  < 75 Mhz, and are very
cheap by most measures (not Rich).  Lots of class "E" circuits for them...
APT has many app notes on them... check them out!

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that
will do them in."  -- Bradley's Bromide