[Amps] Wrong Bird Element ??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Wrong Bird Element ??
From: "Jeff" <k7xq@elite.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:06:51 -0800
        Recently, I bought a Bird Element I thought would work in my
Bird 43 meter for use with my new GS-35B EME Amp for 144 MHz. This meter
is not a peak meter. The element has stamped on it "1.0 kW average", 2.5
kW peak ". "Peak Mode" is stamped in the middle of the element inside
the arrow. When I keyed down on my amp, I noticed it read considerably
higher than what I expected. This may be a stupid question but did I get
the wrong element for my meter ( a peak element instead of a average
element ?? ) It is rated for 50 - 125 MHz but if it wasn't designed to
operate at 144 MHz, I would have expected it to read alittle lower in
power, not much higher. I compared the readings of the power with my
Mirage MP-2 meter.

BTW: I recently got a offer to buy a 2500C element so maybe this is the
element I should have gotten in the first place.

K7XQ Jeff
Atwater,CA.