[Amps] Learning about Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Learning about Amps
From: "Daniel Hileman" <n9wx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:59:33 +0000
Ok,
I think I got it, just leave the 811a's alone, not enough gain for the
expense.
While I'm bugging everyone of you great amp guru's, I'm a  relatively young
ham (26) and have now been licensed for over 10years, that's not tooooo
shabby is it?? lol. Anyway, I think my generation and obviously the ones
younger than myself, do not have much knowledge of tubes and such, and I'd
really like to learn more about Amps and how tubes work in general. Even I
know there's something quite magical and romantic about a tube. Soooo, do
you guys (and gals) know any good reading material for someone like myself
that wants to learn more about amps and tubes in general that is written for
the newbie (such as "Amps and tubes for Dummies " :-)

Thanks,
Daniel N9WX