Re: [Amps] Need source for non-inductive power resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need source for non-inductive power resistors
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:53:14 +0100
On Monday 04 April 2005 16:43, 4x1ad wrote:
> I'm looking for a source in U.S. for few non-inductive power resistors at
> reasonable prices. For example 50,100, 200, 300 Ohms at 100-200W, any
> combination for building a 50Ohms 1kW++ dummy load inside an antenna tuner.
Depending on your definition of reasonable, try your local branch of
Richardson Electronics - www.rell.com or  - BFI Ibexa for Anaren or RF Power
products. These are V/UHF resistors with stripline tabs for connection.

At similar prices but possibly easier to buy there's a variety of thick film
power resistors made by Tyco (used to be CGS) and Vishay. I've not tested the
high power ones, but I imagine they are effectively non-inductive at hf. You
can find data at www.farnell.co.uk and then search.

Steve