Re: [Amps] Solid State Amps

To: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid State Amps
From: "George" <gclute@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:41:28 -0700
Yes, what he said.  Colin has been touched with divine intervention
Witness an epiphany right here on amps
Geo W7LFD.
Behalf Of k7fm:  He said...
I have a big concern for this forum when the solid state amps finally
replace the tubes.

Some amp experts will have to start over with remedies.  I mean transistors
do not have gold melt balls rolling around inside.  Custom wound parasitic
suppressors, formed during a full moon, will no longer be needed.

Will there be enough sudden failures of transistors to start a new religion?
And, what will the major manufacturers fail to do to protect the masses from
this event?  Will an eastern religion become the basis for transistor
amplifier problem prevention?

I guess since parasitics are invisible, they will always be a topic for
dicsussion.  Sometimes, when transistor amps are unstable, we look for the
right combination of bypass caps to help us out, so that will give us some
latitude in future discussions.

But, how do we autopsy them, and what will we learn?  So many questions.
Sometimes trying to figure this out is like working in a vacuum.

Colin  K7FM