Re: [Amps] ATS website

To: craxd1@ezwv.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ATS website
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:13:54 +0100
Will Matney wrote:
> I finally put up some of the website for my transformer business on s free
> server temporarily to see how it goes. If some would, please let me know the
> speed on it as it seems slow to me. It's either them, or my ISP which I
> wouldn't doubt. Anyhow, I did get a part done about calculating the power on
> transformers. Look under the engineering link, and at the bottom table you'll
> see a link to the page. It's the only link there to another page so you cant
> miss it. Let me know if you see any mistakes, etc., I will try to correct
> them as I can. Please e-mail me off the mailer so not to take up room. Thanks
> all in advance.
>
> Website
>
> http://free.hostdepartment.com/A/ATS
>
> Note: there may be pop-ups, I'm not really sure. If so, your pop up blocker
> should kill them as none shows up in my browser.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will

I did not look over it much, but did not like the bit at the bottom
about the user of "Copperplate Gothic Lite" font. Is that really
necessary - not everyone uses Windoze you know.

Last time I looked in my server logs (few months back, there were about
10% of people not using IE). Hopefully that number will increase. So you
should try not rely on people having a particular font.

Your HTML has some problems too. Check out

http://validator.w3.org/

I have not run it on your site, but I  know it will pick up a lot of
problems.

And if I look at the source code, I see this:

<b>Warning</b>:  main(): Failed opening '' for inclusion
(include_path='.:') in <b>/usr/data/var/www/html/php/parse.php</b> on

it's clearly hosted on a UNIX system (probably Linux) but somehow your
HTML is getting some odd error messages in it, which don't diskplay (on
my machine anyway). It could be the server misconfiguration that is
causing speed problems,

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB