Re: [Amps] SB220 input alignment

To: "W4VD" <w4vd@prowebonline.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 input alignment
From: "Mike Schatzberg" <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:06:33 -0400
Hello Bill:

I believe Heath prealigned those coils, and they were just installed in the
SB 200 and SB 220.  I  am traveling today, and will check tonight.

You can place an SWR bridge in the amp input line, and tune the coils for
minimum SWR at the center point frequency of your operation in each band.
Check the operation at the extremes of your frequency excursions, to check
the alignment procedure, readjust if necessary.

If you are not sure of which band is tuned by each coil, I can find that for
you.  I also may have an extra copy of the manual if you need one.  Contact
me off the list please.

Regards,

Mike
WB2AJI