[Amps] Fabricating Chimneys from Gasket Material

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Fabricating Chimneys from Gasket Material
From: w2cqm@juno.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 12:30:30 -0400
Need some assistance ! I'd like to experiment  fabricating  some small
chimneys for a ceramic tube from heavy machinery gauge, nonmetallic head
gasket material I have at hand.   The plan is to  snugly wrap the
material around the tube body (like a skirt)  with a small overlap and
them drill small pilot  holes and secure it with hand stitches. The
Question! Is anyone aware of any  automotive hardening  "gasket seal"
material that can be used  in the overlap as an added bonding  that will
withstand the heat and maintain the circular   integrity of the chimney ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ron W2CQM/3