Re: [Amps] HyGain HyTower Question

To: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>,"AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HyGain HyTower Question
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:39:47 -0700
Bob: the stinger is insulated from the tower top and is connected via a wire
down the center of the tower to the tower base. I believe that the shunt
capacity between the wire and the tower surrounding it changes the resonance
point on 80m. I use hightowers on 80m only and connect the stinger to the
tower top. The stinger must be extended considerably to resonate on 80 when
you do this. The SWR bandwidth is much wider, a real help when you work both
ssb and cw on the band.
73, Dan, N5AR