Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 29, Issue 10 .... eBay bidding.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 29, Issue 10 .... eBay bidding.
From: John Darwin Powers <jdp3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 17:54:46 -0400
Buyer be ware ... Isn't that the phrase?  I have been watching some
items, and finally bid on them.  I also bid the last few seconds, as
many other people do.  In many ways, it comes down to who has the
faster link.  I watch people with low transaction numbers get taken
into the frenzy of the bidding, and things sometimes go out of sight.
Lately, I have had several items that I bid on and lost show up, almost
immediately, as a second chance.  Something has to be up, and I usually
don't reply to these offers.  Most, and I really mean most Hams have a
great reputation.  I admire the people, where in the item description
end up apologizing for scratches (on forty year-old equipment).