Re: [Amps] Air

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Air
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 22:34:54 -0400
Randall,

I'm needing a smaller compressor for the house and most likely wont be usin an
air hammer, but may the other tools. I'm going to ask around and see something
like a 6 or 8 gallon and how they'll do. I really need one that will fit under
the work bench. Those little pancake tanks were only 4.5 gallon so weren't
much. What I'll be using them for really is intermittent work where they'll not
be ran for a long while. From what I've read so far, they say a 8 gallon will
work. I may ask some that has one that size and see how they do, as I think my
neighbor has one.

That book is what I'd call the bible on transformers and chokes. Whats really
good is it gives examples so you can see how it's done. It should answer all
your questions about impedance transformers along with all the others. I bought
the first book as paperback back about 1988. Then, bought the hardback off eBay
last year and it was the 2nd edition. I forget how much I paid for it though.
If you'll read it cover to cover, you'll have one of the best understandings of
magnetics you can get.

Best,

Will