[Amps] 3CX3000 Amp Redo

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3CX3000 Amp Redo
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 21:44:44 -0400
I found a really nice pair of inductors that came out of a large Gates BC AM
transmitter and I am thinking about changing my amp back to a Pi and adding
160.  I am looking for a really heavy duty ceramic bandswitch, like a Radio
Switch 88.  I need one that can be used for a 4 band amp.  Anyone have one
that is surplus to your needs?  The Pi-L that is currently in there is too
busy.

Bob W6TR

BTW, I thought that Dayton was down in attendance bigtime even though the WX
was OK on Friday and great Sat & Sun.  None of the tents were there( I heard
that DARA was pushing for big bucks and nobody was willing to pay.
Mendelson's passed out flyers saying that they were not participating in the
flea market but their store was open.  Lots of empty flea market spaces.  We
easily covered it in one day, some parts twice.  Parking was available w/o
having to walk more than 1/4 mile.

Also BTW, I was standing at the Alpha booth looking at a new
99CS(commercial) when it went up in smoke.  Seems that the vacuum relay RJ1
that they use to change the number of turns on the plate choke didn't and
the choke went poof.  Very exciting .  There were some very embarrassed
Alpha wizards  and I swore I heard a cheer coming from the other side of the
room, Probably just my imagination.  In talking with one of their engineers,
he mentioned that Alpha will be introducing an 8877 amp in the
August-September timeframe.  It will be in the same size cabinet as the 87A.
±$6500.  Don't everybody run over each other getting in line.