[Amps] Alpha 78

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 78
From: Kenneth Grimm <kgrimm@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:54:10 -0400
I have a new front panel installed on a Alpha 78 that I recently
acquired, but the cabinet is still a grungy, sticky mess.  Naturally I
would like to strip and paint it.  Alpha suggest that I take the old
cover to a body shop and have it matched, but I'm afraid it may be too
messed up to ever get an accurate match.  The sticky paint has acquired
so much dust and grime over the years, I can't get a good match off of
it.  Has anyone tackled this problem and happen to have a paint formula
handy?  A Krylon or other canned paint number would be even greater.   :-)

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr