Re: [Amps] Screen

To: Borislav Trifonov <bdt@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Screen
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:29:54 -0400
I think we are talking about two different curves.
1.  V-I curve of  plate with constant bias voltages ( this determines how
good the constant current sink is over a range of plate voltages)  you must
stay away from the region where the plate voltage is close to the screen
voltage.

2. The non-linear relationship between the grid voltage and the plate
current. You want a linear control knob for your instrument.  And the
answer is yes for a first order correction as long as you meet the
conditions stated in item 1.

What plate voltage range do you want? Do you plan to use op-amps or other
solid state devices to generate g2 voltages?  If you are generating
voltages for both g1 and g2 using solid state amplifiers, why not go to a
feedback system to achieve linearity?

73
Bill wa4lav

At 07:10 AM 6/3/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Yes, I did mean by sending an offset and scaled and/or inverted
>version of the control grid driving signal to the screen grid as well.
>Can't this be set up to cause a somewhat inverse distortion,
>straightening out the transfer curve?

William L. Fuqua III P.E.
Electrical Engineer
CP 177 Chemistry Physics Building