[Amps] Arcos 2M Amp Built by W2GN

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Arcos 2M Amp Built by W2GN
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:12:25 -0400
I have an opportunity to pick up an Arcos 2M Amp built by W2GN in the
80's.  It uses a pair of 3CX800's for 1.5 KW output.  It also has  a
dual channel Bird wattmeter for simultaneous measurement of forward and
reflected power.  I have been told that these amps were of the highest
quality and that the builder was a grade A craftsman who also built
similar amps for commercial applications.  Frankly, I have not seen this
amp in the flesh and I'm also relatively inexperienced with high power
VHF/UHF amps.  I would appreciate any input or insights that any of you
might have on this prospective purchase.

Thanks.

73, Joe
K2XX