[Amps] HP spare parts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] HP spare parts
From: Rob & Terri Sherwood <rob@sherweng.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:14:20 -0600
Great comments on the mechanical issues of the 8640B.  I believe the
white gears tended to split, mine did, but the later light green colored
ones were better.
No matter what HP generator you own, you need a parts machine for spare
modules.  Maintaining my 8662A is bad enough, while finding a parts
junker 8663A so far has been impossible for a reasonable price.  HP
wants $5000 for one plugin module that you can hold in the palm of your
hand, and $3000 for an exchange power supply.  Yikes.  Thank goodness
the market is being flooded with 15 to 20 year old HP gear that the
rental houses no longer need.  8568B spectrum analyzers are fantastic,
and now relatively affordable.

73, Rob, NC0B