[Amps] Help identifying a transformer...

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <glowbugs@piobaire.mines.uidaho.edu>,<amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Amps] Help identifying a transformer...
From: "don lemley" <w8hrq@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:21:12 -0500
Hi,
            I wonder if anyone out there can help me out with the
identification of the following transformer:

            Made by Stancor, it is marked "Part No. 52B051" on the
stamped id plate.  In addition,  there is a painted
            Stencil marking of "T5", where the 5 looks like a subscript,
and a much smaller stenciled marking that I believe says
            "12 STO 44"  but I am not sure, as the markings are so small
and blurred with age.

            The primary consists of 3 wires which appear to be set up
for 115VAC or 125VAC, and the secondary (unloaded output) is
approximately
            435VAC with a CT.

            I am really interested in the specs for this puppy.  I have
checked the Stancor catalogs from 1948, 1955, and 1962 and
            I cannot find anything bearing even a similar marking, so I
am thinking this may be a custom part for maybe a military radio.
            Or maybe it is just even older than the 1948 catalog.

            Any help would be greatly appreciated.

            Thanks,
                        Don - W8HRQ