Re: [Amps] filament transformer

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament transformer
From: "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:12:49 -0500
From: "John Irwin" <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
I assume you mean the current drawn by the primary? If so it is simple ohms
law. In a transformer, wattage in equals wattage out plus the losses. I'd say
assume at least 5% or maybe 10% loss. 10 Vac X 20 amperes = 200 watts x 1.05 =
210 watts so you would have 210 watts being drawn out of the line. For 10% loss
it would be 220 watts. Then convert watts to current.

Best,

Will