[Amps] Drake L4B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L4B
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:43:18 -0500
Hi, am new to this list.

I recently acquired a Drake L4B.  The previous owner said the amp had been
"refreshed" several years ago but not used for more than 2 years.  A friend
who has all Drake equipment looked it over and gave thumbs up to condition
of the unit.  The bandpass and power switches are tight and smooth.  The fan
is quiet and in perfect shape.  The power supply has been rebuilt using
modern caps and solid state diodes.  Voltage output has not been measured.
Output in CW/Tune is about 540 watts as measured by an Alpha 4510 wattmeter.
This seems low.  What should I look for?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

73, Keith NM5G