Re: [Amps] 8877 tuning coil addition

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 tuning coil addition
From: "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:12:32 -0500
I forgot this part,

A white toroid might work. The color white means its a powdered iron and not
ferrite. The only problem with a toroid is it's not tunable. Though you might
add or subtract a turn to get the right value with a toroid. You can look up
any toroid chart on powdered iron to get the material specs. For HF work, I've
seen white, and yellow used.

Best,

Will