Re: [Amps] 4CX250 bases

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX250 bases
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:15:18 +0100
> As far as I am aware (the data sheets are on my web site) the CCS1 need
> a BeO base. I guess you could dispense with that if you used a small fan
> to keep the base seals cool, but if you want to run it silent, I think
> the base needs to be a special one.
>
> I have a base and the screen decopuling capacitor is a sepparate unit -
> another of my many projects that I hope to finish one day.
The conduction cooled '250s I've used (out of Pye airband
transmitters) had a BeO block between the anode and
heatsink, but the bases were the same as used for air cooled
valves, except for the addition of a finned heatsink to help
keep the grid spigot cool . It was one of the (AEI brand) I
used in the hipot test.

Steve