Re: [Amps] Plate choke resistance

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate choke resistance
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:24:00 -0400
Angelo,

The wire is sized for it's current carrying capacity first. In HV anode
circuits your looking at maybe 2 amps so the wire is pretty small. The other
reason is using larger wire makes for the choke to either be longer or larger
in diameter to give the same inductance. Chokes or transformers are mounted at
right angles to one another to de-couple them, or kill out reactions between
the two. Hope this helps.

Best,

Will