Re: [Amps] Fraudulent email to amps posters

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fraudulent email to amps posters
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:19:35 -0400
Tony,

I was getting them all the time on that old account. What they do is use an
e-mail harvester on these popular websites, forums, and blogs. They then send
out the fake website to everyone whos names they harvested. Generally it says
your ebay account is going to be cancelled and want you to log into their
website to update it. You can have some fun out of them as the website will
accept any login/pass you give it since that's what they're after. After your
in and they start asking questions, I fill in all the lines with "your busted"
then report them to ebay. If your not experienced in what to do to aggravate
them, I wouldn't attempt logging on to their fake page. In order to get it to
go through, you have to give it a fake credit card number. One thing to always
look for, the real ebays URL will always start with HTTPS and not HTTP. HTTPS
means it's a secure website. The link on the e-mail will always say ebay, but
the real link underneath will go to a fake page. Also, look a
 t the full headers on the e-mail and you can see exactly who sent it.