Re: [Amps] [TowerTalk] Are All Low-Pass Filters Alike? -

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [TowerTalk] Are All Low-Pass Filters Alike? -
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:59:15 -0400
All a low pass filter is capable of is passing the frequencies before the
cutoff frequency and rejecting the ones after it. This kills any interference
from the 2nd, 3rd, harmonincs to the higher frequencies above the cutoff
frequency. The filter is designed around 50 ohms in and out unless something
special. I cant figure what they were talking about harmonics matching, unless
they meant say 14 Mhz 2nd harmonic being 28 Mhz or 10 meter interference? A
filter with a lower cutoff frequency then could be used but most are designed
around a cutoff frequency of 30 Mhz that goes in line that I know of.

Best,

Will