[Amps] !44Mhz Gi7B amp problems continued

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] !44Mhz Gi7B amp problems continued
From: "Sean Williams" <m1ecy@m1ecy.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:05:09 +0100
Hi All,

I have just finished this amp, built to a YU1AW design.

It used to oscillate at 480 megs, this has now been cured, however, it
no longer produces anywhere near the power it used to - Previously I
could achieve 800 watts for about 40 watts of drive.

Now I struggle to get 150 Watts before the grid current shoots through
the roof - anode current never rises above 300 ma at 2.2kv.

I have tried a different pair of tubes, and still get the same results.

Any ideas??

Sean
M1ECY