Re: [Amps] plate choke

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] plate choke
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:15:42 -0400
Roy,

You have to watch about using Ohmites information. The reason being is their
chokes aren't wound with copper wire, but are with resistance wire. That has a
big thing to do with self resonance, or what an Ohmite engineer told me. Even
though it's not a large resistance, using resistance wire supposedly moves the
chokes self resonant point a good distance from where it would be using copper
magnet wire. I've never set down and investigated that any further, I just
remember the conversation I had with the engineer. I had asked because the SR
points didn't jive with everyone elses chokes being made.

Best,

Will