Re: [Amps] 4000PIV rectifier CR104

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4000PIV rectifier CR104
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:05:33 -0400
Angelo,

Some HV diodes cant be measured using a low voltage (1.5 volt) ohm meter
because of the voltage drop across the diode. The old damper diodes in TV sets
were this way. Anyhow, I used to use a 12 volt PSU and measure between the hot
diode and ground for 12 Vdc one direction and nothing the other direction when
reversing the diode. You'll probably get about 9-10 volts for the reading due
to the drop but should read zero in the opposite direction. A 9 volt battery
would also work but deduct about 2.5-3 volts for the reading.

Best,

Will