[Amps] Fw: Expected output from Drake L7

To: "amplificadores list" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fw: Expected output from Drake L7
From: <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:48:19 +0200
Hi John,
Congratulations for your election. You´ve really got one of the best
amplifier ever made. I run mine with a matched pair of RF parts 3-500ZG.
Meassured into a MN2700 wattmeter and driving it with 80 wts from my Mark V
field able to get 1 kw PEP on 20-40 and 80 and close to 800 wts PEP on 10
and 160. Volts provided by PS are 2.600 on SSB and 1.800 on CW.
90% of the time I leave it on CW position and get about 600 wts PEP so amps
runs cooler. Hope this helps.Regards!
BTW: I installed a couple of extra fans on the L7 PS and that´s extremely
effective under heavy use (contest)
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1cwg@dxhunters.com