Re: [Amps] Suggestions for new Alpha Owner?

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Suggestions for new Alpha Owner?
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <kgrimm@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:19:07 -0400
R.Measures wrote:

>On Sep 27, 2005, at 7:04 AM, Michael Tope wrote:
>

>><snip>I did read where 24 MHz is not recommended because
>>of a HV plate choke resonance issue at 25 MHz.
>>

>The lowest resonance in the 50uH HV RFC is c. 43MHz.

Are you saying that the plate choke isn't going to fail if the amp is
loaded up on 24 MHz?  Shouldn't one heed the warning given on the Alpha
Radio Products web site which says: "The ALPHA PA-77, 77Dx/Sx, 78, 76,
76A, 374 and 374A should not be used on 12m.
<http://www.alpharadioproducts.com/html/warc_78_12m.htm> The plate choke
will overheat and burn on that band."

--

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr