[Amps] 3CX1500D7 Amp

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3CX1500D7 Amp
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:22:47 -0400
I'm thinking about making a change to my homebrew 3X3 amp, one that will be
easily reversible.  I want to try out a 3CX1500D7 and I figure that I can
just change the socket, plug in the 3CX1500D7, tweak the tank circuit and it
should be good to go.  I hope it likes 5000vdc.  Of course, I'll need to add
a 5v @ 30A filament xfmr with step start.  Anyone have one they would be
willing to part with?  I have a Collins 20V-2 sitting out in the garage that
I'm not using and it has a dual output 5v transformer in it so I might just
use that if none are available.

Does anyone have any info on the chimney that would work with this tube?  I
know that the socket is a SK-410, s/a 3-500Z socket. This 3CX1500D7 looks
like an interesting tube for Ham use.  Instant-on Thoriated tungsten
filament, 50w grid dissipation, low drive requirements.  I might be the
first to have one built into a 450 lb amp!.

Bob Maser  W6TR