Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

To: craxd1@verizon.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:13:49 EDT

A common workaround is to cover the white wire end with black tape or heat
shrink. This was allowed in the NEC book 25 years ago; not sure about  today.

The use of four wires can be a problem if the existing 240vac outlet has
only three wires. If three wires worked when the amplifier was manufactured why

can't they work today? If rewiring the amplifier and cord for 240vac cuts the
primary current in half then the power loss is cut into one fourth. What is
wrong with that?

73/k5gw

In a message dated 10/2/2005 4:11:56 P.M. Central Standard Time,