[Amps] 4CX1500 or not ?

To: Amplifiers <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4CX1500 or not ?
From: Patrick Egloff <pegloff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 07:38:18 +0200
Hi All,

I had the project to build a 2m amplifier with a 4CX1500B. I have a brand
new tube sold to me by a ham and made by Thomson ref. TH215 which on paper
is exactly the same as a 4CX1500B.
I have one in my HF amplifier and it wors perfectly. But i heard that
several people who wanted to use this TH215 on 144 MHz had a lot of problems
with poor gain and output power. The tube would have a max freq. of 60 MHz.

Another ham told me that this tube has been made by EIMAC and paint by
Thomson with their reference and that it should be no reason why this tube
would not work like a 4CX1500B. If the built amplifier did not work, it
would be a lack of "know how" !

Does anyone has infos about this ?? Did EIMAC sold lower quality tubes to
Thomson who wanted only HF tubes, or are this tubes really normal high
quality 4CX1500b.
Looking on the datasheet, the max operating freq. for the 4Cx1500B is 110
MHz....

73, Patrick

--
TK5EP