Re: [Amps] TT Centuruion oscillation

To: "Henry Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TT Centuruion oscillation
From: "Mike Schatzberg" <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:03:52 -0400
Hello Henry:

If you remove the coax from the Orion, while it is oscillating, does the
oscillation stop?

Are you using the tuner, if yours is so equipped, in the Orion when the unit
oscillates?

If you are using the tuner, try turning the tuner off.  If you have no
tuner, you might try inserting one between the Orion and the Amp.

You may have a ground loop on 40 that might be causing some issues.  You
might try a longer length of coax between the Orion and the Amp, say about
20 feet of RG 8 type.

Also, it is worth trying a line isolator to help with the ground loop if one
is present.  I have an extra one if you want to try and see if it will help.
They are not very expensive in any event.  Place the line isolator between
the Orion and the Amp.

When you add the longer coax, see if the input SWR does not indeed improve
from the 1.4:1 which you have now.

73 and Happy Dxing,

Mike Schatzberg
WB2AJI