Re: [Amps] arent we a little off topic here??

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>, "Sean Williams" <m1ecy@m1ecy.me.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] arent we a little off topic here??
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:46:58 -0400
Many years ago there was a construction article for a beautiful CW
transmitter in the 1967 ARRL Handbook entitled "A Self-Contained 450-Watt
C.W. Transmitter".  Following the details in the article, I built it at what
a considerable expense at that time.  I never could get the transmitter work
even after some extensive telephone conversations with the author.  He could
barely remember the article let alone any of the circuit details.  This was
at a time when there was no flat fee unlimited long distance calling.

After of few years of collecting dust in an out of the way corner on the
work bench, I cannibalized some parts from it.  The remains hit the dumpster
when I moved to Florida in 1995.  I did salvage the Radio Switch Corp band
switch used the Pi-L circuit but to my everlasting regret I did not remove
the Eddystone 898 dial.

David C. Hallam
KC2JD