Re: [Amps] [TowerTalk] Antenna Tuner Overheating

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [TowerTalk] Antenna Tuner Overheating
From: Gary Smith <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:06:45 -0700
Hi Tom.
A good example of what a "good counterpoise" is  would be to take a looking any
professional level antenna installation handbook.  Granted, most of us cannot
install our antenna systems to the same level of expertise taht are demanded
(and
required) by broadcasters, but a strong aim in that direction does wonders for
improving signal.  Fer instance, I have heard from some who have a good antenna
and
not much of a counterpoise, who after making only changes to the counterpoise
itself
have experienced a ten fold increase in both xmt and rcv capabilities.
Remember: when a antenna manufacturer suggests a counterpoise, they are usually
speaking in minimums , not the otherwise.