Re: [Amps] 3-500Z and Cooling Requirements

To: Steven Cook <sccook1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z and Cooling Requirements
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:41:50 -0400
Steven Cook wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a good CFM value consistent with reasonable noise, but
>that would keep the amp cool under all reasonable conditions of use.
>Perhaps someone has been down this path before.  I was thinking of using one
>of the Papst aluminum type squirrel cage units in the 100 to 150 CFM range,
>but wanted to review your opinions before I shell out my hard earned money.

I know this won't answer your question directly but noise is a factor of
turbulence in less-than-optimal fan design.  I've found that you can
cheat by getting a high output fan (big) and reduce its speed (and
noise) by lowering the voltage to it.  small fans can't push a lot of
air without creating a lot of noise.

hth

73 jason N1SU