[Amps] glass chimneys

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] glass chimneys
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:10:26 -0500
hi,

I have a couple glass chimneys with a 2 inch diameter vent hole, 4 inch
diameter at the base and stand 4 inches tall.

I don't think these are for the 3-400Z as my understanding was that the
3-400Z SK-416 chimney is 3.5 inches tall with a 2.5 inch diameter vent
hole.  But these chimneys are 1/2 inch taller and the vent hole is 1/2
inch more narrow.  There's no markings on the glass so I have no idea
where they were made.

Do their dimensions ring a bell for some other type of tube?  I suspect
at 4 inches tall they'd work for a 3-500Z but I dunno what ramifications
the 2 inch vent hole has (as opposed to my hunch that the 3-500Z vent
hole specs call for 2.5 inch).

73 Jason N1SU