Re: [Amps] L4 power supply problem?

To: "m.ford" <k1ern@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] L4 power supply problem?
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:43:34 -0500
m.ford wrote:

>    Perhaps a shorted bleeder as the cause and now open?

I found the problem - the interlock blade on the underneath side of the
RF deck shorted because the interlock rod seems a little short (no pun
intended).  I had the case on the unit but the rear left side wasn't all
the way down (about 1/8" from the screw holes).  Because this thing is
so old and the copper interlock blade was so grimy after 40 years it
took a little bit to get through the tarnish - but once it did it blew a
chunk out of the copper - and also took out a filter cap or diodes or
bleeders...  arg...

Got to find some filter caps, diodes and possibly some new bleeders.

73 Jason N1SU