[Amps] Common Point Grounding

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Common Point Grounding
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:37:13 -0800
Grounding each service entrance through a grounding rod can create a ground
loop issue.

As an alternative, we could adopt a common point grounding, similar to what
is used in good power supply construction.  If we select some point in Iowa,
for example, each home or business would then run a separate ground wire to
that point in Iowa, it could eliminate some of the ground loop issues.

Thee would be a giant hub with all the spokes directed to the center in
Iowa.  I have not figured out how much space is occupied by 400 million
wires, but it would be an imposing site, possibly visible from the moon.

For every problem, there is usually more than one solution.

Colin  K7FM