[Amps] no rf choke in 30S-1 filament/cathode circuit

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] no rf choke in 30S-1 filament/cathode circuit
From: rfdude@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:01:48 +0000
While overhauling the my 30S-1, I noticed the amp has no rf choke in the
filament/cathode circuit. The cathode/filament is connected directly to the
filament wires.
I find this unsuall since the filament transformer adds about 80-100pf more
capacitance to the input circuit. Although Collins designed the matching
circuits with about 220pf input, why not isolate the filament transformer? Most
other amps in similar configurations do.
I am not second guessing the engineers at Collins just trying to understand
their reasons.
Anybody have any comments?
73s
kb3bf, chris