[Amps] High Voltage connectors (SHV)

To: amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: [Amps] High Voltage connectors (SHV)
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 04:33:18 +0000
There are several diffrerent high voltage connectors available.

SHV, MHV, and GHV to name a few.  Check http://www.deltarf.com who is mfr.

KINGS is also a mfr who carries some high voltage connectors.

Per DELTA catalog:
MHV has voltage rating of 5000 VDC and 3500V RMS.
Similar toBNC in physical size and RG-58/RG-59 cable (includes RG-142)

GHV has voltage ratring of 25KVDC
Similar to N in size and for RG-8, RG213, RG-11 (these coax not rated that high
though).

It is the construction of the insulation around the mating pins M/F that
increases the voltage rating.  Pins can not arc directly across to gnd.  Same
basic construction for SHV, MHV, and GHV connectors.  I do not have KINGS
catalog at home but if needed could get info from work.

This style connector gets a bit pricy, though surplus may net a few at
reasonable cost.

Then there is the UNLC connecdtor rated a 40KV (have never seen one of these,
just know it does exist).

BTW. I do not work for connector mfr, am just at a connector user facility (not
commercial).

Arne N7KA