Re: [Amps] How about this furnace?

To: 'AMPS' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How about this furnace?
From: Tony King - W4ZT <amps080605@w4zt.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:17:43 -0500
Phil Clements wrote:
>>When people say that amateur radio is only a hobby, I chortle.
>
> Years before computers, remote receivers, and the internet, wealthy hams
> would call the rare DX station by telephone, arrange a frequency, and keep
> the line open until the QSO was made. This is documented in the book on W6AM
> and others.
>
> "Assisted QSO's" have been going on since the spark days, I expect.
>
> (((73)))
> Phil, K5PC

And "dead band" contacts were and are still happening the same way. If
you hear HALF the contact, most would assume that it's really happening,
even if the band is dead and no one hears anyone else in that part of
the world.  Is it real or is it... telephone, Internet? There will
always be those that will take advantage.

73, Tony W4ZT